Homemade Tomato Ketchup

I never thought of making tomato ketchup ( made mango ketchup before) until I got a large tin of tomato paste. I scoured the internet and found that it was quite easy and much better that most I have had. I find it pretty cheap to make too. I usually make about a quart at a time.



12 oz (1 1/2 cups) tomato paste
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup chopped onion 
1-2 cloves garlic
2 cloves,crushed (optional)

Makes 1 quart 



Tomato paste


Place all ingredients in a large pot. Its best to cover the pot because the mixture is thick and will begin to splatter as it cooks.
Cook for 10-15 minutes over low heat.

Blend all ingredients til smooth sing an immersion blender. (This could be done before cooking in a bowl blender)

Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from flame and allow to cool. 



Finished product ready to use.

Add 1 tbsp prepared jerk seasoning to 1 cup of jerk seasoning for Jerk Ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment